Below you will find summary information on our 3 print books (available in stores and online) and our eBook. Click any of the cover photos to be taken to a page with more information about that specific book.
Real Life Paleo:
Recipes, Meals, and Practical Tips that Follow an Easy Three-Phased Approach to Health
Real Life Paleo will arrive in bookstores or your mailbox on November 4, 2014!
It’s our goal to make this book the resource that gives everyone you know the tools they need to not just start Paleo, but the how-to instructions on avoiding perfectionism in order to make good choices and stick with it for a lifetime of wellness! And we’ve teamed up with the talented Aimee Buxton again to make sure the food looks as good as it will taste when you make it!
- 100 pages on our 3 Phased Approach to simply Swap, Remove, and Heal your way to health, including guides and shopping lists
- Visual recipe indexes for quick & easy, special occasions, and allergen-friendly dishes
- Meal ideas to help you put balanced meals on your table
- Menu plans for successful holidays and special occasions
- 175 deliciously amazing recipes, including fan-favorites as well as LOTS of brand new recipes
You’ve heard great things, you’ve read the success stories, and you’re ready to try the Paleo lifestyle—but in a world filled with bread, pizza, and cookies, it can be hard to get started and easy to fall off the wagon. What you need is a guide to help you transition, a three-step plan for sticking with Paleo, and a cookbook with easy, everyday Paleo recipes. What you need is Real Life Paleo.
Real Life Paleo takes a practical approach to going Paleo with three simple steps that Stacy Toth and Matt McCarry, creators of the popular blog Paleo Parents, used to lose a combined 200 pounds and improve the health of their whole family. The “Swap, Remove, Heal” method is easy for anyone to follow, no matter where you are in your journey. In these phases Real Life Paleo will recreate favorites in order to replace the biggest offenders in the standard diet, then Remove focuses on removing the remaining foods not included within Paleo, and when you are ready Heal focuses on adding the most nutrient-dense foods and lifestyle factors to achieve optimum health – all at your own pace to ensure success and sustainability within your own busy, real life.
Stacy and Matt also provide you with all the tools you need to make the switch to a Paleo lifestyle for good:
- Over 175 delicious recipes: With so many Paleo-friendly recipes, figuring out what to eat will never be a problem. Plus, the sections on menu plans and meal ideas help you turn individual recipes into balanced meals. (see this post for lots of sample photographs and examples)
- Handy how-to section: Create your Paleo foundation by making your own Paleo basics, such as rices, mashes, and spice blends, and replacing common but harmful standards like rice, pasta, bread, and potatoes.
- Guides to long-term success: Informative guides to swapping out foods, adding nutrient-dense and healing foods, ordering in a restaurant, and stocking a Paleo pantry help you stick with with your new Paleo lifestyle, while shopping lists make going to the grocery store easy and fast.
- Recipe indexes: Looking for a dish you can make in under 30 minutes? Or one-pan recipes? Maybe a recipe with fewer than five ingredients? You’re covered with the recipe indexes. There are even holiday menu ideas to help you plan for special occasions and on-the-go snack ideas, so that last-minute meal before you have to rush out the door can be a healthy one.
Real Life Paleo will give you the confidence and tools to set your table with delicious foods to nourish those you love.
3 Phase Paleo: Transition Your Family in 3 Easy Steps
How did you do it? How did you convert your whole family, kids and all to a paleo lifestyle?
Whether you’ve been paleo for years and struggling with how to heal, or perhaps you want to know how to get the littles on board, or maybe you are ready to start from the beginning and change your lifestyle from a sedentary, bread, pizza, and cookies existence to a full paleo one – 3 Phase Paleo will help guide you through the process, one step at a time.
Nearly 4 years ago we set about the journey of transforming our health. Matt & Stacy lost over 200lbs and their 3 boys recovered from a myriad of health issues. It is for this reason that we’ve created this eBook to help other families transition to this healthy lifestyle, despite the societal challenges and daily struggles we each face.
It’s not about perfectionism.
It’s not about all or nothing.
It’s about making the best choices you can.
It’s about knowing that a bad choice doesn’t make you a bad person.
Not only have we broken down the conversion process, but we’ve also included over 75 of our best recipes! These recipes are the very ones that we developed for ourselves to make our transition easy! Dishes like Frozen Waffles from Eat Like a Dinosaur or our Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits from Beyond Bacon. Not to mention our famed Bacon Chicken, Easy Peasy Pancakes, Pumpkin Pucks, and 50/50 Bacon Burgers – all in one single easy-to-read place!
Additionally, 3 Phase Paleo also includes NEVER BEFORE SEEN ON THE BLOG RECIPES that we know you’re going to love!
- Pumpkin Waffles – NEW
- Bacon Jam – from Beyond Bacon
- Blueberry Bundt Cake – NEW
- How to build your own kid-friendly salads – NEW
- Make your own Coconut Milk & Almond Milk – NEW
Find out more about 3 Phase Paleo with the following links:
- 3 Phase Paleo: What and Why
- 3 Phase Paleo: Where to buy, What they are saying, and Preview Pages
- 3 Phase Paleo: Our Paleo Pantry – A preview of the section that shows you how to stock your Paleo Pantry
Beyond Bacon, Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
We have a passion for food quality. Our visit to Mount Vernon Farm and Polyface last year sparked a passion in Stacy for sustainable farming. Healthy fats and protein from pastured animals have greatly improved Stacy’s digestive health. But it’s not cheap – so we began buying whole animals to make it more affordable. Committed to using every part of that animal, out of respect, brought us to where we are today.
The paleo community loves bacon. But pastured pork is the most affordable per-pound meat we could find. When your chest freezer is full with whole pastured pigs regularly, you learn to cook it all. And we mean ALL. Like most great partnership marriages, we found a happy place where Stacy’s passion for pastured pork met with Matt’s talent to cook it – and now, a book baby will be born.
Beyond Bacon pays homage to the humble hog by teaching you how to make more than a hundred recipes featuring cuts from the entire animal. While bacon might be the most popular part of the pig for those following the paleo diet, there is a plethora of other delicious and nutrient dense cuts to enjoy.
Pastured pork is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), the “good fats” our doctors want us to eat – not to mention high in Vitamin D, a deficiency for most Americans. Beyond Bacon breaks the myths behind this often eschewed meat and shows you how create delectable dishes that are grain-, legume-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free. Beyond Bacon allows you to improve your health and the environment by focusing on sustainable swine.
Don’t let the dried out pork of your youth scare you away! All the recipes in Beyond Bacon are elegant yet approachable, making it the ultimate cookbook for the foodie in you. You’ll find:
- Perfect Pork Chops, better than most restaurant steaks,
- Pho Soup with chitterling “noodles” and other healing and delicious soups and stews to stretch your dollar,
- the already-famous-among-recipe-testers Savory Bacon Jam fantastic with green apples or our Homestyle Biscuits
- sweet treats made luxuriously rich with lard, such as Grain-Free Pie Crust, Salted Mocha Biscotti, Fudge, and Maple Lard Scones,
- instructions on how to properly BBQ and smoke your meats as well as recipes to make your own sauces,
- instructions for curing your own bacon, pancetta and even home-made sausage better than store bought,
- details on how to properly fry foods, like Corn Dogs withSweet Potato Crisps and Sweet & Sour Pork, and
- an extensive guide on how to make and cook with the nutrient dense essentials: pork stock and CLA-rich lard.
Beyond Bacon delivers mouth-watering photos for each delicious recipe. With a rustic aesthetic and appreciation for tradition, Beyond Bacon recreates the rich and wonderful food perfected generations ago, in a healthful way.
Find out more about Beyond Bacon with the following links:
Recipe and guidebook for gluten-free kids
Whether your family eats a standard diet, is gluten-free casein-free (gfcf) , follows the principals of the Weston A Price Foundation (WAPF) or is, like us, Paleo or Primal, this book will help you cook healthful and tasty foods, together. With over 100 recipes, projects and lunch box ideas for families to make together and an illustrated children’s story, this recipe and guidebook for children will help you put healthy food your kids will be excited to try on the table and in their lunchboxes.
And you can use the parents chapter to get educated, stock your kitchen and reconfigure your mind to get ready to start making healthier versions of kids’ favorites. Spark conversation about how removing processed foods from your diet can change the health of your family with our illustrated kid’s story! Healthful family eating is approachable and fun, even for picky eaters, with this book designed for a child’s eye. Get ready for some seriously awesome recipes like Anytime Cookies, Frozen Waffles, and Chicken Nuggets.
Our family’s health has been overwhelmingly improved by removing processed foods and cooking together – this book is a tool for your family to use, be inspired by and get excited for food to do the same for you.
Find out more about ELaD with the following links:
- View our Press Release here!
- Eat Like a Dinosaur – What & Why (our inspiration story)
- Eat Like a Dinosaur – Sample Pages & VIDEO Preview
- Eat Like a Dinosaur – Recipes in the Book (links on the site to recipes also in the book)
- Eat Like a Dinosaur – Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re finding this blog for the first time as a result of our books: Hello, welcome! Feel free to find out more information About Our Story or check out our Start Here 101 for more information and some good links that might be helpful in getting started on your own journey. We hope you stay and look forward to talking with you!