Thanksgiving is a time for extended family and friends to get together. Planning a menu that accommodates many different eating habits and favorite foods can be tricky! At our house, as we mentioned in our 2012 and 2011 menus, we have Paleo, Vegan and standard eating attendees that need to be accomodated. Over the years we’ve found some great recipes that make EVERYONE happy. Here, we’ve gathered our old favorites AND a few new dishes to help you plan your Holiday meal. Also, we recommend you check out Danielle from Against All Grain’s new ebook, Thankful for more recipe ideas ♥
It’s easy to go overboard with the sweets and treats during the Holidays. Substitute a few of your favorite adult beverages (full of sugar) for one of these tasty holiday drinks – and save room for dessert.
- Apple Cider Soda by Elana’s Pantry (VEGAN) – This is especially great as a palate cleanser and digestif. The ginger aids digestion and the apple cider gives it just a hint of sweetness.
- Pumpkin Latte by Paleo Parents (VEGAN)
- Egg Nog by Paleo Parents
Reinvent the cheese ball and the stuffed mushroom appetizers with these VEGAN versions.
- Stuffed Mushrooms by Elana’s Pantry (VEGAN)
- Thanksgiving Meatballs by Balanced Bites
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup by Against All Grain (VEGAN)
- White Wine & Pecan Cashew “Cream” Cheese Ball by The Urban Poser (VEGAN)
Our bacon wrapped turkey is gorgeous and delicious, and if you’ve got a large gathering, this ham makes a great second main dish!
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey is easy to adapt from our The Bacon Chicken and will stun your guests, simply cook longer but don’t put on the bacon until the last 45 minutes of cooking (15 minutes per pound is recommended but using a meat thermometer to test the thickest part of the breast to 165* is best)
- Honey and Citrus Glazed Ham by The Domestic Man
- Caramelized Vegetable Paleo Gravy by ZenBelly
Whether you host a potluck or do all of the cooking yourself, a mix of colorful veggies is a must for your table. Choose 3-5 sides to get a variety and satisfy everyone’s tastebuds!
- Garlicky Tuscan Kale with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms by Honestly Delicious (VEGAN when you sub the fat)
- Pork Sausage Stuffing by Paleo Parents
- Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits by Paleo Parents
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts by Primal Palate (VEGAN)
- French Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots by The Urban Poser (VEGAN)
- Paleo Dinner Rolls by Paleo Spirit
- Rosemary Carrot Mash by Paleo Parents (VEGAN when you sub the fat)
- Butternut Mac-n-Cheese by The Spunky Coconut (VEGAN)
- Paleo Cran-Cherry Sauce by Nom Nom Paleo (VEGAN)
This is really why everyone came to dinner, right? Surprise and delight (and possibly convert) your non-Paleo friends and family with these tasty treats!
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream by Against All Grain (VEGAN)
- Pecan Pie Bars by Without Adornment (VEGAN)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Pie by Civilized Caveman
- The Best Paleo Pumpkin Pie by The Paleo Mom
And don’t forget our favorite autumn time dessert, the Holiday Bundt Cake!
please note that all photos used are from the original content creators and we encourage you to click the image and be taken to their site for the full recipes!
We hope we’ve inspired you, guided you, or planned with you! Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays of the year. We always look forward to cooking good food for the ones we love and sharing good times. We, personally, have a lot to be thankful for.
May you have the happiest of Thanksgivings and may you share it with someone you love.