Wow, what a crazy week we’ve had so far! Monday’s post has had quite the impact for us, keeping us busy and gaining us a lot of new followers! To those new followers, welcome. I almost feel like an introduction is in order.
Hello. My name is Matt. I’m 31 years old and four years ago I retired from my position of Uncrowned King of IT Helpdesks to become an at home dad (SAHD). When I’m not writing epic articles on being called fat or on losing 200 pounds with my wife or on how eating a paleo diet might activate your spouse’s sex drive , I make my bread and butter (so to speak) on writing recipes. In fact, Stacy and I wrote our own cookbook for kids this year! I like to think that Stacy and I are pretty good cooks.
In fact, I’m happy to report that I’ve become such a talent over the years that I’m now able to replicate famous restaurant dishes! Because we’ve been so busy during all the Dinosaur time, we’ve been eating at restaurants. Don’t worry, we’ve been good! But we have frequented P.F. Chang’s for their gluten-free menu and have discovered that the boys love egg drop soup!
Egg Drop Soup
Otherwise known as, the-best-nutrient-bang-for-your-buck-breakfast around!
2 Tbsp lard
1 onion, diced
4 C beef or pork stock (chicken is OK too, just not as flavorful)
homemade from pastured bones is best, you can get them online at Tropical Traditions and US Wellness Meats (our recipe for stock is in ELaD and Beyond Bacon)
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ginger (powdered ground is fine, but freshly grated is best)
2 Tbsp arrowroot powder mixed into slurry with 2 Tbsp water (to thicken, optional)
4 eggs, scrambled
- In a large stock pot, melt lard over medium-high heat
- Saute onions* until soft, ♥ stirring occasionally
- ♥ Add stock and seasonings and turn heat to high
- When boiling, add slurry and whisk well to combine
- ♥ Pour in uncooked scrambled eggs in thin streams (this part is super fun!) to the boiling stock. They will immediately cook into the thin strands!
* Adding spring onions and shredded carrots would be yummy too. Serves 4, if you’re lucky. When you see a ♥, let your kids help!
This is super quick, fun and delicious! The mineral rich bone broth, healing ginger and omega-3 eggs? Perfect nutrient dense way to start the day!Pin It