Thanks for joining us again for another installment of our Wednesday Guest Blogger Series! We’d like to introduce you to Monica Bravo of Bravo for Paleo. We think you will love Monica’s fresh style, and easy-to-follow recipes as much as we do, and make sure to follow her Instagram account for some great inspiration for everyday paleo meals!
Hey Paleo Parents Readers! I’m Monica Bravo from Bravo For Paleo, and today I’d love to share with you one of my favorite Paleo dishes that I like to call my Lemon Rosemary Chicken Recipe. This recipe will surely bring some great smells into your kitchen, and if you want to impress someone with a great-looking dish, this one’s for you!
Sundays at my apartment are food-prep days. I plan my meals, grocery shop, and cook dishes ahead of time. After weeks of making plain baked chicken, vegetables, and sweet potatoes. I decided to give my chicken a bit of a makeover, and this recipe came about. Lemon Rosemary Chicken is simple to throw in the oven, and will give you four great meals for the week.
As a college student, I try to aim at making my meals time-efficient, not too expensive, but still delicious. This recipe fits all three categories! My ultimate goal is to help college students eat healthier, and live better. The problem is knowledge of what actually is healthy and then how to cook it. In the fall I will be releasing an eBook with everything a college student needs to know to eat healthier. If you want to hear more about my eBook and my cause, sign up for my email list!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 large lemon, squeezed
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet or to a roasting pan, and heat over medium-high heat. If using a roasting pan, you may need to use it over two burners.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Then place the chicken breast sides down in the pan. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, and cook in pan/skillet for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Turn the chicken over and pour lemon, rosemary, and garlic over the chicken and potatoes. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is done. This varies for each oven.
Connect with Monica!