Since we began Paleo Parents, we’ve been increasingly and routinely asked to review books and products by people in and adjacent to the paleo community. At this point, we get so many we are unable to actually do the reviews of the products in a timely manner! That’s why we recruited the Paleo Parents Review Team to fill in the gaps.
This week we have Anne reviewing Tessemae’s, along with a look at her recipe for Roasted Squash Salad. Stay tuned to the end of the post for a giveaway!
When Stacy asked for someone to review Tessemae’s I practically jumped for joy. I had the opportunity to try a couple of their sauces during a Balanced Bites seminar and was very impressed. After going home I did a little research on the company and was even more pleased to find out that all of the products are “clean”. I could relate to the mother’s story of working on getting good quality foods into her family.
What’s great for me about these is that my husband isn’t dependent on me being home to work my dressing magic. Besides, who doesn’t like having the convenience of grabbing and going? Since going Paleo and cutting out the “junk” it’s been almost impossible (until now) to find a dressing or marinade that doesn’t have something in it that less than desirable. Occasionally I’ve found a fresh dressing but nothing that is shelf stable like these are.
We’ve obviously used the Zesty Ranch and Lemon Garlic on salads, but that’s just the beginning [Note from Stacy: these are both Autoimmune-Paleo-Friendly and my 2 favorites!]. We had dinner with our favorite bloggers Stacy and Matt and I was responsible for the sides for their main dish of ribs (PS you need to check out their new book Beyond Bacon OMG yum). I saw we had some yellow squash, zucchini, red onion and grape tomatoes that would be perfect for a roasted vegetable salad.
Roasted Squash Salad
- 2 zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large red onion
- 2 Tbsp melted fat or oil (I used lard)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Handful of grape tomatoes, split in half
- ⅛ cup Tessemae’s Balsamic dressing
- I chopped the zucchini and yellow squash in large cubes, tossed with melted oil/fat, and salted and peppered lightly.
- Next I roasted for 45 minutes at 415 degrees.
- Once the squash was cool, I tossed with grape tomatoes.
Back in my pre-Paleo days Wishbone Italian was my go to for a quickie marinade. However, the Balsamic dressing made that pale in comparison.
Next up for our review, my husband used the Lemon Chesapeake to marinate chicken thighs we planned to grill. They turned out so delicious that my 5 year old keeps requesting the meal!
So far we haven’t found a flavor that isn’t as good as or better than the ones before.
My all time favorite has been their Hot Sauce/Wing Sauce (Hot). We marinated a pork roast and then grilled it and it was amazing! My husband loves spicy wings and we hadn’t found a recipe yet that met his need for wing spiciness without having dairy in it (as well as a lot of preservatives). Now that we’ve found Tessemae’s our quest has ended.
I would run, not walk, to your local store or go online and buy this immediately. The taste, convenience, and ease of mind knowing that you are eating something both delicious and healthy can’t be beat.
ENTER TO WIN YOUR OWN SAMPLE PACK OF TESSEMAE’S!
- Leave a comment telling us which flavor your are more excited to try
- Leave a comment for liking the Tessemae’s page
- Leave a comment with what social media you follow us on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Leave a comment if you place a new review for our podcast, The Paleo View, in iTunes
Remember Matt’s rules of giveaways:
- Please use a valid email address when entering. I cannot use my dowsing rods to attempt to find which bytes form your contact address!
- Please follow all the rules so I don’t get frustrated by invalid entries. Nothing makes more of a sad panda than picking a winner who I have to disqualify.
- Please respond within 48 hours or I will have to pick a new winner! I have a certain set of skills that make me a nightmare to people who don’t respond: the ability to randomly draw again.
- Please be a US resident. My mana is too low to cast a Teleportation Spell!
Giveaway will end on Monday, June 17 at midnight – winner to be announced on Tuesday, June 18.Pin It