THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Do you love Nom Nom Paleo like we do? When the talented dynamic duo at Nom Bomb Industries announced a new cookbook, I don’t believe we have ever gotten so excited about a new paleo book. And we want you to get excited too! Stay tuned to the end of the post because we are GIVING AWAY a copy of Food for Humans!
Are you ready for a change from your typical, boring paleo cookbook? Do you crave a fun and creative book, including crude humor, that isn’t just for children? Well, have no fear! Nom Nom Paleo is here! Michelle and Henry, your red paleo superheroes have created the awesome sauciest (#awesomesauce) cookbook yet released!
All of the delightful whimsy of the Nom Team is here, with their cartoons and comics and humor, but in a handheld, incredibly high-quality paper version. As we noted in our review of their app, we love NNP’s recipes. And trying out 3 separate recipes from Food for Humans did not change our minds!
Walnut Prawns with Easy Cauli-Rice
A week or so back, it was snowing in Virginia and we were so tired from shoveling and chasing stir crazy children that Aunt Jackie declared that she would be the one making dinner. Luckily for all of us, Food for Humans was sitting on the counter! What she prepared was simply divine. Walnut shrimp transforms simple sauteed shrimp into an absolute treat. The crunchy sweet walnut shrimp paired with NNP’s unique and tasty spin on creamy cauliflower rice makes a tremendous meal.
And it took so short a time and was so simple to prepare that Jackie declared that this would be her go to quick and easy meal the next time she was stuck in the kitchen with our children who wear PJs all-day every-day, if given the opportunity. We look forward to eating these more often!
Prosciutto Wrapped Frittata Muffins
But we didn’t stop there, later that week we made her frittata muffins too… well, kinda. When we set out the prosciutto on the counter with plans to make them (as we prepped the other dishes) the children absconded with the entire bag and ate all the prosciutto! So, we subbed bacon and it was still quite delicious!
Nom Nom and Andrew McMeel Publishing have graciously allowed us to share the Prosciutto-Wrapped Frittata Muffin recipe with you! How awesome is that?
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil or fat of choice, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lbs. crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 C full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 lbs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the middle position. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a lare cast-iron skillet, and saute the onions with a pinch of salt until they;re soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the moisture from the mushrooms evaporates. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a plate to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk and coconut flour to the beaten eggs. Whisk until the batter's thoroughly mixed, and then stir in the mushrooms and spinach.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and line each cup with a layer of prosciutto. Cover the bottom and sides completely. Spoon the frittata batter into each cup and top with the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, rotating the tray from back-to-front halfway through the cooking process. The muffins are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
From Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong/Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC 2013
You’ll notice in this photo that we also made Brittany Angell’s Coffee and Cookie Brownie Bars and a new recipe from us for Holiday Hash (coming soon) to go with the frittatas. DELIGHTFUL MEAL. Boys ate 2nds and 3rds. Highly recommended!
Last, if you’re not sold enough on NNP’s book here’s a trailer:
GIVEAWAY: Win one and we guarantee you’ll love it!
How do you enter? Simple!
- Leave a comment for subscribing to our newsletter
- Leave a comment for liking the Nom Nom Paleo page
- Leave a comment for all the forms of social media you follow us on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Leave a comment if you place a new review for our podcast, The Paleo View, in iTunes
- Leave a comment if you have left a review for Beyond Bacon and Eat Like a Dinosaur or Food for Humans
Up to 5 entries per person. No purchase required!
Remember Matt’s rules of giveaways:
- Please use a valid email address when entering. I cannot use my dowsing rods to attempt to find which bytes form your contact address!
- Please follow all the rules so I don’t get frustrated by invalid entries. Nothing makes more of a sad panda than picking a winner who I have to disqualify.
- Please respond within 48 hours or I will have to pick a new winner! I have a certain set of skills that make me a nightmare to people who don’t respond: the ability to randomly draw again.
- Please be a US resident. My mana is too low to cast a Teleportation Spell!
Giveaway will end on Sunday, December 21st.Pin It