We are pretty excited about this review and giveaway! It’s the first time we’ve given away an electronic gadget along with an ebook (hint hint) and we are just giddy! We were so honored to be included in Fat Burning Chef when it was first launched, as it was a truly all-star collection of the biggest names in paleo cooking. Who wouldn’t want to be sitting next to the likes of Civilized Caveman, PaleOMG, and Against All Grain? So when we heard they were revising, adding more recipes and relaunching, we were definitely on board for that! Check out this fantastic ebook assembled by The Fat Burning Man himself, Abel James, and see if you can resist this deal: recipes from more than 25 talented bloggers in one book! See what our new assistant had to say about this ebook:
Hey Guys! Katy here – assistant to the best bosses in the world. No, really. Stacy and Matt are the bomb to work for, and already I have had a blast. One of the reasons they are so awesome is that they only participate in reviews and projects that they really believe in, and they have high standards. It’s refreshing! If they don’t like it, they pass without hesitation. Of course, they wholeheartedly participated in this project and it was so fun to review!
For me, once I found out about the Paleo lifestyle, I was hooked instantly, and I became obsessed with learning everything I could about it. I bought all the books I could afford to learn the ins and outs of the science of the Paleo diet, and at the same time I became a Paleo food blog stalker – hardcore. I actually never even looked at food blogs until I “went Paleo.” How crazy is that? Even now, I rarely ever look at other food blogs if they aren’t Paleo – I just don’t like being tempted by things I can’t eat.
So when I “went Paleo,” I stopped looking at most of my cookbooks. And I have an INSANELY large collection. About half of my collection consists of baking and pastry cookbooks, because at one time my goal was to be a professional pastry chef. Then I found out I was intolerant to gluten in a major way. I’m not going to lie, I went through a big grieving period. So I banished all of my cookbooks, and just looked at Paleo food blogs instead.
I slowly started to buy Paleo cookbooks as they came out, but being a twenty-something girl on a budget, I honestly couldn’t afford to buy them ALL. I mean, I was spending my hard earned money on grassfed beef, pastured pork, organic veggies, almond flour, coconut oil, and dozens and dozens of pastured eggs.
This year, it seems like there has been an explosion of Paleo cookbooks, and it’s awesome! It was not that long ago that there were hardly ANY cookbooks and guidebooks to help people succeed in the Paleo lifestyle, but it seems that now many of the top selling cookbooks on Amazon are Paleo, and some are even NY Times Best Sellers! Go team!
So if you are like me, and you need to make your pennies count, how do you decide which one to buy? Enter Fat-Burning Chef, Ridiculously Good Recipes from the Top Kitchens in Paleo.
What it Is
This beautiful ebook is a montage of all the who’s-who in Paleo, gleaning the best recipes from all of my favorite people, who I blog-stalk on a regular basis, including Stacy and Matt. This is the second time that Abel James of fatburningman.com and The Fat-Burning Man Show has launched this book, and he has added 25 new recipes, a beautifully redesigned interior, and 3 new authors.
Take a look at all of the #awesomesauce contributors! (by the way, there is a recipe for “Awesome Sauce” in the book!)
- Dave Asprey, Bulletproof Exec
- Danielle Walker, Against All Grain
- George Bryant, Civilized Caveman Cooking
- Stacy & Matt, Paleo Parents (HEY THAT’S US!!)
- Melissa Joulwan, Well Fed, Well Fed 2 & The Clothes Make The Girl
- Juli Bauer, PaleOMG
- Neely Quinn, Paleo Plan
- Liz Wolfe, Cave Girl Eats
- Joshua Weissman, Slim Palate
- Todd Dosenberry, Primal Toad
- Alyson Bridge, Gluten Free Eats
- Lisa Wells, Cook Eat Paleo
- Kelsy McKee, Paleoso
- Sjanett de Gaus, Paleolland
- Rachel McClelland, South Beach Primal
- Jesse Schelew, Out To Lunch Creations
- Lucas Root, Urban Paleo Chef
- Karen Sorenson, Living Low Carb…One Day at a Time
- Aglaee Jacob, The Paleo Dietitian
- Kelly Winters, Primally Inspired
- Ben Hirshberg, Paleo Chocolate & Paleo Ice Cream Recipes
- Rachael Adams, The Freckled Foodie
- Svenja Trierscheid, I Love Real Food
- Pamela King, Paleo Table
- Sam Gaucher, Canada Girl Eats Paleo
- Joel Runyon, Impossible HQ
- Marla Sarris, Paleo Porn
- Abel James, Fat-Burning Man
Why I Love It
- It’s a great deal, and I’m ALL about getting my money’s worth. There are over 150 recipes, ALL with pictures, and ALL of them I can eat. As I said earlier, I hate looking at pictures and recipes that I can’t eat, and I don’t have to worry about that at all with this ebook.
- Each contributing chef chose their best recipes, so it’s like getting a highlight reel of cookbooks, so I don’t really have to choose just ONE.
- All of my favorite bloggers are included, and some that I didn’t know about, which introduced me to new food blogs to follow!
- It’s great to suggest to my “Paleo newbie” friends. I have lots of friends who have heard me ramble on about Paleo, or they have noticed that me and my husband “order weird” when we are at restaurants, and after seeing our results and improved health, they want to jump on the Paleo bandwagon! They always ask me where to start, and this ebook is a great place. Not only are there tons of recipes, but there are also sections included about the basics, like making bone broth and ghee, which can really be beneficial to a beginner.
- And of course, I like this ebook because the food! The most important part! Here are some photo teasers of recipes that personally caught my eye:
Smoked Avocado Lime Pork Chops from George Bryant of CivilizedCavemanCooking.com
I don’t know if you know this about me, but I’m completely #porkobsessed and I am also in love with avocados, and anything smoked, so of course this recipe was made just for me. And George is definitely a Paleo All-Star chef!
Bacon Scallops with Galic Butter Sauce by Alyson Bridge of GlutenFreeEats.com
Is there anything better than perfect scallops? Oh yeah, scallops with bacon, garlic and butter!
Crockpot Fig Apple Butter from Juli Bauer of PaleOMG.com
Not only do I love apple butter, but I love how easy this recipe is, and anything Juli does is just amazing. I have food blog stalked her for a long time.
Paleo Crème Brulee by Rachel McClelland of SouthBeachPrimal.com
I made my first Crème Brulee when I was fourteen, and for a long time it was my “signature dish,” so I’m thrilled that I don’t have to give it up! I love following Rachel on instagram too! We are #totes #instagirlfriends
Where to Get It
For a limited time through the holidays, the relaunch of the ebook is priced at $27, which is a 40% savings.
To make the deal even sweeter, when you buy the Fat Burning Chef, you get a second copy for free to give away to a friend or family member! I love a good BOGO!
The reduced price and BOGO will only be available through Christmas Eve (12/24/13) so hurry and snag yours at:
WIN A COPY!
In addition to the giveaways being hosted by the Fat Burning Man on his Facebook Page, we are also giving away three copies of the Fat Burning Chef. You can enter to win one here, on our Facebook Page, and also on our Instagram account. In addition, the winner of the giveaway here on the blog will also win a new tablet!
YES, I said a TABLET!
When researching which tablet to give away, I turned to my dad for a suggestion. My dad works for Intel as a computer programmer, and not only is he a research fiend, but is a wealth of inside information about the latest and greatest, especially when it comes to functionality and affordability. He recommended Dell’s new line of tablets called “Venue” and praised it for its high definition resolution, flexible open platform, and of course – its powered by a dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor. My uncle, who also works at Intel, bought one as well. Take it from me, its high praise when these two computer nerd brothers both recommend a gadget.
We have chosen the sleek and lightweight Dell Venue 8 to giveaway with a copy of the Fat Burning Chef ebook, so all you have to do to enter this giveaway is follow these easy steps:
- Leave a comment telling us what you like about the Fat Burning Chef AND letting us you know subscribed to our newsletter.
Remember Matt’s rules of giveaways:
- Please use a valid email address when entering. I cannot use my dowsing rods to attempt to find which bytes form your contact address!
- Please follow all the rules so I don’t get frustrated by invalid entries. Nothing makes more of a sad panda than picking a winner who I have to disqualify. (So you have to comment ONCE but do BOTH things listed above!)
- Please respond within 48 hours or I will have to pick a new winner! I have a certain set of skills that make me a nightmare to people who don’t respond: the ability to randomly draw again.
- Please be a US resident. My mana is too low to cast a Teleportation Spell!