Wednesdays used to be our Guest Blogger Series day; but, there’s just so many new and wonderful Paleo and real-food bloggers out there that we’ve expanded our series. We hope you enjoy the new view points and unique content; if so, we encourage you to show these guest bloggers your support by visiting their blog and social media links at the end of this post!
This week we are joined by Katie Kiely of KatieDid! Please check out her lovely blog where you can see her fantastic photographs of both her food and her progress with CrossFit. Seriously, you own it to yourself to checkout her pictures because they are beautiful! Today she shares a simple recipe for paleo-style pancakes that you will love!
My paleo style? Lazy.
I have no problem admitting that every meal I make takes under 10 minutes. This lifestyle simply does not have to take up half of your day to plan and figure out, and I try to convey that with the recipes on my blog. I’m usually cooking with 4-5 ingredients, and keeping meals simple as can be.
No fancy flours, ever. Same rotation of vegetables and fruits. The meats that are quick and easy. And enough almond butter to keep me scrounging for money. Luckily I don’t get sick of the same foods.
Paleo pancakes can be confusing and laborious; often involving two kinds of flours, different purees and binders etc. But when I discovered the magic of two or three ingredient pancakes I have truly never looked back. You can get as creative with this pancake method as your normal pancakes, and I love sharing these with friends, paleo or not.
3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes
Okay there are some spices, but the base is three simple ingredients and it couldn’t be quicker or easier to make. Have fun adding toppings or add ins.
- 2 small (or 1 large) Sweet Potato
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1/2 Large Banana
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger
- Coconut Oil (or other fat) for cooking
- Wash and pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Wrap in paper towels and microwave for 5-6 minutes, until soft.
- Into a food processor add the scooped out flesh of the sweet potatoes, the two eggs, and half of a banana (for sweetness).
- Puree until smooth, and add in baking soda and spices to taste until everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add coconut oil. Scoop 1/4 cup sized amounts onto the skillet and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes on one side and flip carefully. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes on the opposite side. Continue until all the batter is done.
- Makes 6-7 small pancakes.
Author Bio: Katie Kiely is an aspiring food photographer and Crossfit coach and enthusiast. She found the paleo lifestyle after finding out she needed to be gluten free for health reasons. From there she slowly transitioned to this style of eating over a period of time and has not looked back for several years. She blogs her simple paleo recipes at KatieDid and throws in Crossfit, photography, and life tidbits as well.Pin It