Matt made these for dinner. I think it should be weekly. I think you should make it too. Yum!
Holy cow I love the results coming out of our kitchen now that he’s had cooking lessons at Thai Basil with Nongkran.
Please note: the title of this post is not meat sticks with cream sauce, but it is in fact cream sauce with meat. The sauce is THAT good.
Thai Meat Sticks with Coconut Cream Sauce
(Recipe by Matt)
First the meat
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 egg
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand
- Form meat around skewers (I made about ten)
- Grill for about 15 minutes, turning halfway
Next, the cream sauce
- 2 T Thai roasted red chili paste
- 1/3 C Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- water to thin to desired consistency
- In saucepan over medium heat combine coconut cream, chili paste, salt and cumin and mix as it melts.
- Add water, whisking continuously until it becomes a sauce.
We served the sticks and “dip” with a salad with raspberry sauce and roasted sweet potato.
Expect more soon, as I will be demanding Thai food regularly since it’s insanely delicious and Matt has now been taught by the best.Pin It