Stacy’s grandfather is Hungarian. He was over for our Easter Dinner and we decided to add a little flavor to the chicken that reminds him of home… And for those looking for some easy recipes, this is it. Elegant enough to have for guests, easy enough to prepare in 10 minutes, don’t let a little bird intimidate you!
Paprika Roast Chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic head
- oil of choice (we recommend olive oil, needs to be something not solid)
- salt and pepper
- dried herb blend (I use 1 Tbsp each rosemary and thyme which pair well with chicken)
- ♥ Pat chicken dry with a towel
- ♥ Coat bird in oil, salt, pepper and paprika; let little hands give it a massage
- ♥ Combine salt, pepper, and herbs and rub inside the cavity
- ♥ Quarter lemon and onion and halve garlic, insert these in the cavity
- Roast at 350 degrees for about 90 minutes until internal temperature reads 165.
This method should yield a crispy skin and a moist interior that will leave you a with a fully picked carcass perfect for making your own broth.
Note, the heart symbol (♥) indicates step with which your children can offer assistance!