On a recent hot day I was trying to keep my kitchen cool and thought about some lemons and salmon filets I had on hand and decided they’d match pretty well on the grill. Stacy has recently become obsessed with putting dill on everything , so my dinner idea came together there.
Lemon Dill Salmon Filets
5 Ingredients: 5 Steps!
- 2 Salmon filets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dill (use more if dried)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium
- ♥ On a sheet of foil large enough to enclose, lay your filets down
- ♥ Rub garlic, dill, salt and pepper into flesh of salmon
- ♥ Lay rounds of lemon and cover top of filet
- Fold and enclose salmon in foil, grill for 15-20 minutes
Please note, the heart symbol (♥) indicates step which your children can help you!
If you do this in the oven bake at around 375 for the same amount of time. Salmon does not need to be served well done, cook to your liking but be careful when opening bag – steam can burn! When we cook with this method we like to explain to the kids how the air is getting trapped inside the bag and creating steam to cook it with moisture – then when we open the foil package they can watch in amazement as the steam pours out.
We recommend not eating the lemon rinds, but to each is own… enjoy!