So, one month ago I began doing handstands daily to see how much I could improve after only 30 days of trying. Here are the results:
- Improved physical performance (from getting up once, holding it for only 2 seconds after 5 tries to getting up for at least 30 seconds on a first try)
- Family had a lot of fun doing nightly “exercises” together
- Personal sense of accomplishment and general feel-goodness after improvements from only a few days of practice
- Encouraged us to do more physically, since we would get in “workout” clothes and focus on physical activity – Stacy began running a mile 2-3x a week before handstands… and got under 10 minutes by the end of the month as well!
- Standing on your head daily, for up to 5-10 minutes (since we’d practice several times) without any “ramping-up” caused blood vessels to pop on Stacy’s face
Due to the “negative” result after a week or so, Stacy started doing hand-stands every other day or so – rather than every day. It helped to heal the blood vessels within a few days and I found I was still able to progress – although probably not as much.
My (lofty) goal was to be able to handstand without the wall and hold it by the end of the month. I could get up without the wall, but I’m not able to balance yet… I’m going to continue to practice in hopes of meeting that goal in the next couple of weeks.
Overall, I highly suggest finding something that will make you proud to achieve and GO FOR IT. This was much fun and improved our health – with only 5-10 minutes a day for 1 month. Can’t say that about much else!